Disclaimer: This is well worth reading. Take your time so you can fully enjoy my great personality and writing skills.
Three of my favorite things in the world are sports, laughing and people getting physically injured. What happens when you put all 3 of those things together? The answer is simple…………….awesomeness! The following is my top ten list of the funniest/weirdest off-the-field sports injuries of all time.
#10) Joel Zumaya injuring his pitching arm from playing too much guitar hero.
#9) Mike Matheeny missing the MLB playoff because sliced open his hand when he tried to sheath a hunting knife.
#8) Goalie Santiago Canizares misses the World Cup because he drops a bottle of cologne on his foot….and severs a tendon.
#7) Former MLB MVP Ken Camanitti has to miss some time due to a fall from a deer stand while hunting.
#6) MLB player Terry Harper dislocates his shoulder while waving a runner home at the plate.
#5) NBA player George McCloud breaks his foot getting off the couch.
#4) MLB player Moises Alou misses the entire season after falling on the treadmill and tearing his ACL.
#3) MLB player Marty Cordova misses a few games after burning himself severely while napping in a tanning bed.
#2) Pitcher John Tudor gets angry after a bad game and punches an electric fan. (next time use your non-throwing hand if you are going to punch something with blades)
#1) This is the greatest injury of all-time. Former Cub Glenallen Hill has a bad dream about spiders, so vivid that he woke up, crashed through a glass table and fell down a flight of stairs.
I hope you enjoyed all of these unfortunate mishaps. I would love to share some of my own sports injuries, but I don’t have any good ones. Actually, I peed outside between innings when I was ten and contracted a nasty case of poison ivy. I’ll spare you the details though. Ewww!
Blog owner's note: #1 scared me because I have a friend that has night terrors every night. Be careful! I like how these injuries could happen to anyone but we get to know about them (and laugh at them) because they are famous..
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment