Tuesday, May 27, 2008

introducing: michele



Michele is my cousin and friend. We are two weeks apart which means we were in the same grade, at the same school. I should mention for you suburbanites that when you live in a small town, that means that you go to preschool through high school together. Michele also lived down the road from me.



I wanted Michele to come over to play ALL of the time. When my mom said no I remember telling her that when I had kids I would let them have Michele over whenever they wanted. So.. Michele.. warning that if I ever have kids you are at their beck and call so I can "show" my mom.



When we had a flood come through our town everyone ("everyone" being: Michele's aunt/uncle that live a mile away, her family, my family, and our grandparents who live in between us) came together to work towards getting things back in shape (clearing debris, fixing fences, chasing cows). While the grown-ups fixed fences the kids were concerned with saving the fish out of the road since we had a small niagra falls form in the (gravel) road and washed a small pond in there. Apparently we didn't save all the fish because I do remember somewhat of a smell for a couple of days/weeks.



I have so many great memories with this girl. I think I will always think of her when I see the number "11" and how she humbly dominated all of Dakota sports.


Michele has been there for many of my.. uh.. "Krista moments." Like the time that my grandma said "I think I lost my marbles." I think I was going for encouraging/clever when I said "Grandma, you didn't have any marbles to begin with." I meant literally, of course, but they both thought that was pretty funny.




I had all these great things to say about Michele but then I read her blog and I am too busy holding my gut because it hurts from laughing.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mickey is one of northern Illinois bestest softball players eva! She was soooo good in highschool and at highland! I also just remebered this one time when we all were down at the crick, and were makin forts, the girls made this cool tp out of sticks but instead of actually using it as a a fort like normal kids they used it to pee in...maybe they just said that to keep me and gallagher away...hmmm ?

kmr said...

So... apparently when Kyle called things "lame" or "dumb" he meant that he was really jealous.

I think we actually did pee in the tp.

Anonymous said...

Yep, we definitely used it to pee in.

Shoot...we shouldn't have told the boys that because then they would have used it as a fort...haha =)