My blog.
Now, I haven't been checking this blog regularly, so I'm not sure what the general theme/mood the blogs are taking. But here I go...
I am writing this blog in the midst of an intense season of life. Graduating from college and entering ministry has taken me on a road that has not traveled the distance, but it has been paved, leading me to depth. I suppose this immediate post-college journey is normal, but I hear so little about it. I think our culture would benefit in learning (learning defined as: knowledge that sinks deeply into the heart and transforms behavior, or behaviour for the Brits) about transitions. Who is ready to graduate and enter the real world? If only our college diplomas were equivalent to an "Insta-Adulthood" hot cereal... perhaps there would be ease in traveling the depths. But, I am also thankful for the lack of "learnedness" of the transition, because it has been for me to discover and find tailored to my own soul. I am one of those rule-abiding folks who actually likes school and listening, but I often find a streak of rebelliousness in my heart when I am told I must travel the same cookie-cutter journey of everyone else. That makes me want to hide in a hole, or do something rash or out of the ordinary or socially unacceptable (I would give examples of each of these, but... that would be embarrassing :-)).
Nonetheless, I am sitting here, at my computer at work. I just finished a conversation with one of our Advance team members (I don't want to explain our church leadership at the moment), cheeks pink, mascara smeared, mouth full of a funny, metallic taste, heart, mind, strength and soul tired... but I am thankful. For a workplace that is full of grace for my tears, my heart of intensity, my vintage green chair and my styrofoam, rubber-band rockets. In a season of general messiness, yet fullness...
hm... I wanted to end it within a sentence or two, but it was all going to get cliche. And this journey, this moment, this day, has been too precious and formative to reduce to a cliche. So I am ending with a word and a period. Shalom.
And... if this is the only soulish, wondering blog and it feels like an awkward contribution... then that's exactly what it was supposed to be, thus proving my life motto, "Life is awkward, if you can't handle it, just create more awkwardness." ..... just kidding... kind of... :-)
Thanks, Krista :-)
*Blog owner's note: By "haven't been checking this blog regularly" do you mean "haven't read this blog?" I haven't lynched anyone yet... (saying "lynched" always makes me think of a friend from college. Then I picture sicking him on someone and calling that "lynching." I will neither do that nor the real meaning to anyone who doesn't read this blog.. probably.)
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment