My brother has taught me a variety of things, although they look a little different than the lessons from my parents.
-I give my brother credit for my ability to cry on cue. I particularly remember one time when my brother got in trouble because I was (fake) crying, I laughed at him behind mom's back, he protested that I was faking it and mom said "Kyle, Krista can't fake cry." But I (still) can.
-Fast reflexes.
-How to tune almost anything out, sometimes without really realizing I am doing it.
I used to think I had it pretty rough with Kyle as a big brother. Looking back at it I probably was the bitchiest sister ever. Sorry, Kyle. I do cherish our memories and it has been fun to watch Kyle grow up (he has his own place! he shares his snowmobiles with me! he cooks his own food and cleans his own dishes!) I am happy to say that Kyle and I get along with almost no fights now, except about if I am going to visit him or he is going to come visit me (which has yet to happen).
One of the things I cherish most is from a "friend" book that I made my senior year of high school for a project. I asked Kyle to fill out one of the pages, which included a note to me and he said something to this effect: that though I think I am his worst enemy, he thinks of me as one of his closest friends.
Kyle is caring, thrifty, good at building things, and funny. He was patient enough to be there when my parents taught me euchre, and now that I love that game I know how hard that can be! It is fun to watch him take care of our cousins (although a few of them have gotten hurt in his care.. he would have taken the fall for them if he could have). They love him because he lets them be daring (I think that is definitely a boy's job!) I love him because he's my brother and he's great.
-I give my brother credit for my ability to cry on cue. I particularly remember one time when my brother got in trouble because I was (fake) crying, I laughed at him behind mom's back, he protested that I was faking it and mom said "Kyle, Krista can't fake cry." But I (still) can.
-Fast reflexes.
-How to tune almost anything out, sometimes without really realizing I am doing it.
I used to think I had it pretty rough with Kyle as a big brother. Looking back at it I probably was the bitchiest sister ever. Sorry, Kyle. I do cherish our memories and it has been fun to watch Kyle grow up (he has his own place! he shares his snowmobiles with me! he cooks his own food and cleans his own dishes!) I am happy to say that Kyle and I get along with almost no fights now, except about if I am going to visit him or he is going to come visit me (which has yet to happen).
One of the things I cherish most is from a "friend" book that I made my senior year of high school for a project. I asked Kyle to fill out one of the pages, which included a note to me and he said something to this effect: that though I think I am his worst enemy, he thinks of me as one of his closest friends.
Kyle is caring, thrifty, good at building things, and funny. He was patient enough to be there when my parents taught me euchre, and now that I love that game I know how hard that can be! It is fun to watch him take care of our cousins (although a few of them have gotten hurt in his care.. he would have taken the fall for them if he could have). They love him because he lets them be daring (I think that is definitely a boy's job!) I love him because he's my brother and he's great.
No comments:
Post a Comment