Thursday, May 15, 2008

my dad: pond and family

I am Krista’s dad and this is my first attempt at blogging. I have worked for Kelly Springfield Tire Co., Goodyear and now work for Titan . Having gone through three tire companies at one location, I’ve managed thirty-three years of experience in the tire building industry.

Perhaps my greatest passion is my family. Our home’s walls are decorated with pictures of them and their accomplishments. My son, Kyle, has a beautiful etching of pintail ducks and Krista has a poem “The Holocaust,” two of my favorite possessions. I wish Kyle would pursue to give his talent of art more consideration and Krista also in writing of her poems. I’m a very proud parent. Both of my children give me great pleasure. Kyle has built Cheryl and I a fish pond at our home that we both enjoy tremendously. Cheryl takes care of the water and I take care of the plants around the pond. Kyle had spent many hours searching the farm area around the home for the stones for this pond. Krista has many mission trips and she and her friends give of their talents and time to camps for children each year. Her friends also are a joy and much like an extended family. They are called her blessings by Krista and I’m assured that the world is in good caring hands.




My children have wonderful grandparents. They have lived through hardships most of us can’t imagine. Both of Krista’s grandfathers arrived in Normandy’s beaches within days if not hours of one another - they didn‘t know each other at the time. My father-in-law and mother-in-law are great people with much wisdom and faith and I could have not asked for greater in-laws or influences for my children. The same can be said of uncles, aunts and cousins. Our family is very blessed.

As I am sitting here on a sunny day overlooking the three generation farm of my brother-in-law, I simply get caught up in the mystic ways and the beauty of God. My consuming thoughts of late is a priority of raising our children even as I look at the cows and calves in the pasture. I realize how protected and caring the animal kingdom is of their young and of how much more is expected of us in the human race. My wife, Cheryl, is the foundation of our family and it’s with her tireless effort, love and caring ways that also is credited with the character of Kyle and Krista. It may be known that I may harshly criticize but never yelled at my children. Old age may be a cause of lapses in memory though. One never knows!!!






*Blog owner's note: I was holding back the tears. It is kind of a wonder that they didn't start flowing.

No comments: