Thursday, December 6, 2007

tired

Holy crappers, kids. I am a sitter for about 11 hours out of the day and I am TIRED. (I was going to put "bushed" there but I don't know where that originated from and for some reason I just really couldn't use it without knowing how it originated. If I found out it is because you feel like you could fall INTO a bush at any moment while walking... I might use it.) How do parents do this?? If I have kids, they are napping until they are 16 and then I will order them out of the house for a few hours, every few hours.

Things are going pretty well. Today I had the two boys on my lap and I was reading to them and it was really quite lovely. I have a tendency to ask them "should we read, eat, breathe" and the answer is always "no" so I constantly have to think to say "We are going to read for a little bit."

A little problem today with the 7 year old who would not listen to me AT ALL. What do you do when they don't care that you are adding a minute of time out to their time out every time they won't listen to you and just keep not listening to you? I told her mom.

The parents are great. My first day I received a really nice key chain with four leaf clovers/wish bone/eight ball/lucky number 7 on it with a key to their house and a note that said "good luck." Today they gave me a WREATH! How cool!! It smells like pine and it is big and Christmasy. Presents are not the only reason they are great.

1 comment:

The Mom of 'em said...

if you are getting a shower each day and brushing your teeth...then I still win the tired contest. Wa-ha-ha. The family sounds AWESOME! They are so lucky to have you - you should get a raise. =-)