Saturday, December 1, 2007

off to a good start

My friend Alex flew in from California! I have pretty much been excited to see her since she bought the ticket. As Jody and I drove to get her I thought I would explode, and yet somehow looked at the departure sign and said "I don't want her to leave." Because I don't. So if anyone in Chicago area knows of a youth pastor or camp position for Alex... let me know.

We went to Starbucks. I could stop right there and it would be a good weekend so far. Yum. Lots of conversation, AND a random lady named Inez that came and told us for (at least) 20 minutes about this bookstore that we have to go to downtown. So I think to finish the experience- we must go today. Along with all the Christmas stuff down town, like the
little German area. And Macy's. And the bean. Anyway, my favorite Inez quote was when she told us that her daughter met her husband there, so we should go there to meet our husbands. "If you go to a basketball game, what are you going to find? A man that can't read." Amazing.

Another favorite quote was after some Cheese Quesadillas we pulled out the question game left over from a previous dinner I had here. The question on the table: "What would your WWF name be? Or what is it currently..." Alex responds: "The rhythm. (pause) The rhythm is gonna get ya..."

Then we watched some Bear Grylls with some camp friends. We are gonna see if we can top these events today.

1 comment:

Jon said...

your friend should check out http://www.youthspecialties.com/jobs/

good place to look up jobs and post a resume