Friday, December 21, 2007

overcoming excitement

The season! It may have taken me a little bit to feel the season but now I am feeling it. Maybe that isn't entirely true, I have thought some about how it must have been hard for God to come down and be human as well as 100% God. Immanuel.. a baby. Everything. Anyway, also thinking that even though the world tries to say "Happy Holidays"- it isn't possible to take Jesus out of it. (That sentence needs grammatical help, sorry. Jess- help!) He is the love, and the giving, and the happiness that Christmas brings about. It fits perfectly.

On a separate note, I received the ultimate Starbucks gift from the family that I work for. I also felt like a "pretty good" sitter today (opposed to my usual feeling of "piss poor" sitter) before I even received the gift. Pictures of why are found below.

*Note: I didn't mean to unpost this. I need to pray for patience.. especially when it comes to dial-up modems. And all other things.




Above- It's a Christmas tree. See the star and trunk?

The basket within the wreath they gave me earlier.

2 comments:

The Mom of 'em said...

SWEET! But what is that second picture? A Dinosaur? Whatever it is - A+++ for effort! You deserve that Starbucks basket!

The Mom of 'em said...

Ok - so it is a dinosaur shaped like a tree-ish thing. But hands-down - you're the best sitter ever!