Wednesday, November 21, 2007

stupid guilt

Leave it to me to feel guilty about leaving an organization that I have been looking to leave for awhile now. How does that happen? I'm going to blame my mom (for passing down hereditary unnecessary feelings of guilt). I put in my two weeks notice at The Harbour, Inc. where I have worked for the past year and a month. I can't help feeling like I am just another person that is able to walk right out of these girls' lives. The staff members working in the house are just one of the few constants in their lives, and we really aren't even that constant. So last night I watched TV with one of the girls that was in the house before I even started. She is going to be independent soon which is really exciting, but I can't tell you how much I love watching TV with her because her laugh is great and frequent. Anyway- they are big girls. And no one can stop me from continuing to pray for them. Which is probably better than me sitting in their living room reading books and drawing pictures while they sleep anyway.

I'll just have to keep thinking of my
new job and the ADORABLE kids that I get to play with and create random and learning activities for. That makes me feel less guilty and more excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea for playing with ADORABLE kids and working day shift!! :) sooo happy for u! Have a great thanksgiving if i dont talk to you!

The Mom of 'em said...

I know who YOU are related to...LOL