Wednesday, November 28, 2007

more book reviews

I finished reading Love Walked In by Maria de los Santos, which I mentioned in an earlier blog. I really loved this book. I don't know why I love reading about other people's fake lives so much (it is an adult fiction novel.) Maria de los Santos is apparently (according to her back cover) a award winning poet. You can't be surprised by this after reading her book. You can tell she has a love for language, and a real way of wording things beautifully. Maybe the only complaint I have is that she tells a 5th grader that she only has to kind of like someone to have sex with them. I might have put the conversation a little more like this: "Wait till you are married. Or die."

I also read My Brother's Keeper by Patricia McCormick which unfortunately ends my Patricia McCormick run. She only wrote three books. I read them. This one was about a brother, who has a brother taking drugs. I think I have mentioned this with the other two books, but I really like the way McCormick writes.

I have a friend that reads all the time, but he reads books about God. I am jealous of him because I want to do that but I "have" to read novels almost every other book. I think it has a bit to do with the fact that in the Religion section of the library I am always afraid that the books are going to be floofy or like Francine Rivers. Sorry to her fans, but I can not take God talking in italics all the time.

1 comment:

The Mom of 'em said...

nice, Krista. You know - I have a friend whose mother told her if she had sex before she was married it caused cervical cancer. I think the truth works better...or at least I hope!!!!!