Not much has been happening at home, and today I had "Man vs. Wild" running as the background of my life. I was reading a book at the same time, but had to stop when the show came back on. A while back a friend told me about the show, and her accent and replaying of Bear was very entertaining, but the show has captured me. It is captivating, I think is the word I want, to watch this crazy British man survive with a small backpack and a knife. And a cameraman. I am also a little mystified by the fact that there is a cameraman that follows him around and is completely silent. I would definitely have to commentate. Anyway, at one point crazy British guy (Bear Grylls) was eating a salmon and it was all over his face like when a 3 year old eats a peanut butter and jelly sandwich- except it was not PB and J, it was a raw fish. Sometimes the show is really gross. It may be weird to say, but I see God in the really crazy and dangerous creatures He makes and the way that Bear can survive with almost nothing. (Although sometimes I wonder about hidden granola bars behind the camera. I guess if that were true, I think it'd be hard to eat a sheep's eyeball for survival.)
I have to stop blogging about Man Vs. Wild, because it is going to be on in a little bit. I am a bit addicted and as I type this all- I just realized this blog was guided by a British accent in my head. If you'd like to read this blog again in a British accent I think you might find it a bit more enjoyable.
Really important tidbits for life (that should also be read in a British accent): Never underestimate a crocodile. If you come between a hippopotamus and water- your chances aren't good. You can eat a scorpion, just don't eat the stinger. You can tell if a Zebra is fresh if there are fat vultures around that can't fly because they just ate, and there aren't maggots on the carcass. Women can't pee around a camel's carcass to protect themselves from jackals, because their pee does not have enough testosterone to scare them off.
Here is the game. I think. I haven't played because 1. I hate to fail and 2. I am on a dial-up connection.
Friday, November 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i think i've seen this episode because i knew some of those facts and i'm pretty sure i didn't just know them. i like that you like bear. i do too, but i only every want to watch it when you are around. maybe there will be a marathon on over christmas break and we can watch it for 7 hours straight and not even feel guilty, because it is an educational show you know.
Post a Comment