I know most of you are probably sick of me talking about grad school, but since that basically consumes my life at this moment, I'm going to talk more about it. My supervisor told me the other week that each year there are some students that develop weird physical ailments because of stress. We laughed about it and I was glad that I was not one of those students. This was until I have been having the worst time with my skin. Basically it looks like crap and is all red and nasty. So I have started a regimen at night to take care of this problem. This regiment involves me looking like this:

I also have become an AMAZING secret yawner...because it would really rude to yawn while a client was telling me how bad their week went, etc. So basically I still get the satisfaction of a real yawn, but do it without opening my mouth.
What else can I tell you about being a therapist in training... Sometimes I really wonder how people can be so brave and come into my office and just tell me the most private messy details of their lives. I also wonder how they can allow me, a stranger, help them look at really hard stuff about themselves. I wonder why some come back and wish some wouldn't. Some people look to me for approval and others could care less what I say. Sometimes I think it takes a real whacko to be a therapist... but I love it, and am always amazed at people's resiliency.
p.s. I think Krista is going to be an AMAZING social worker :) She is the best list-maker in the world, and I love every quirky thing about her :)
Blog owner's note: It comforts me in this world full of pain, yet hope, to think that God created, and is using, people like Tovah to move us toward His Kingdom.
1 comment:
My wife's getting her master's in counseling right now... but I think she's learning that instead of being an in-the-room counselor, she' rather get involved with child abuse prevention agencies. Anyway, you two could probably be friends. Maybe.
Post a Comment