Sunday, June 15, 2008

pictures i couldn't take

I "just" returned from Royal Family Kids Camp.

No cliche's seem to do the trick. "What a week." or "That was indescribable." or "I'm wrecked."
I guess that you can imagine if you asked me how my week was, I would give you some look of pain mixed with happiness and my eyes would fill with tears.  I might try to dredge out some sort of sentence formation trying to describe that it was life giving to be with them and unbearable to see their pain all at the same time.

Here are some pictures that I took in my head since we couldn't have our cameras (kills me every time):

Lynn talking softly to her girls with their full intent in our cabin.
One of my girls' beautiful, but rare, smile.
All of the girls packed in the front of the boat with Lynn, huge smiles and Jack Johnson blaring.
Me and one of my girls doing the cupid shuffle using our fingers to look like legs while riding on the bus (which is why we weren't doing it WITH our legs).
Two times with counselors/kids on the big wood swing. Chilling and talking.
Reunion with my girl from last year.
Pulling three girls around in the water at one time (I'm THAT buff).
Tyler and one of his favorite camper's smiles. They are sooo similar.

Pictures that do exist that I want:
Me and one of my girls in the lake. I'm pulling her and we are laughing at each other and happy. This is before she shut me out mid-week.
One of my girls beautiful smile with her name sign behind her, sharing to the world that she is a promise (her Christian name means promise.. we put on all of the signs along with their real name.)
One of Julie's girls looking off in the distance.
One of the pictures where they are together.
Picture of one of my girls on my back in the water (maybe against the rules).



I could think of some more but it is about time I post about this, so I am going to and I may add on some more as they come to me/I read through the journal.

3 comments:

skip said...

Hey Krista! My foster brothers go to Royal Family Kids camp and they absolutely love it. I'm thankful for people like you who can help them see what real love is :)

kmr said...

I can't tell you the depth to which this comment reaches.

Lisa Rohde said...

Krista, you probably didn't know that I read your blog. I love it, and love watching what God is doing with and through you. You are a very special lady!! Yes last year two of my foster kids got to go to RFKC and this year one gets to go again, plus a different one gets to go. I can not even begin to tell you what a wonderful camp I think it is. Even before I knew people like you are the ones taking care of my kids. Thank you, thank you, for the time you give to these precious kids. (could you come work at the one my kids go to? It is out of Santa Barbara.)