Wednesday, August 27, 2008

lawn mower me

Our friend Charlie is at school today so I decided that I could mow our lawn.

I should maybe mention that I only mowed the lawn once growing up. Apparently my rows weren't straight enough so my parents said I couldn't do it again. Big punishment.

I started in the back yard because less people can see you. Also there is a lot of creeping Charlie back there (not my friend Charlie being a creeper, but the weed that is everywhere) so there isn't that much grass to mow.

(Side note, Danielle's chinchilla just made a noise. He sounded like a squeaky toy. I love that dude.  There is the noise again!!)

I couldn't decide if it would be better to have someone watching me and getting some entertainment or if it'd be better for me to just laugh at me and have everyone else think it was probably just a normal "time to mow the lawn" moment. It didn't matter because I looked up and there was my neighbor.  He said that I was entertaining. I don't think that is really what he was thinking.  "Wow, look at my neighbor, she is so entertaining." Nope.

Anyway, he told me that the side was our responsibility too and then handed me some tools to help. 

I did a swell job.**




**If you come over to check please know that I know that I didn't get all of the weeds. I figured 3 yard bags stuffed full and some trees that need to go somewhere too was good for today.




1 comment:

C.Hughes said...

thanks for mentioning me in your blog. make my name known, maybe somebody will giveme free stuff.