Friday, August 1, 2008

film canisters and trouble

I'd say most kids probably get yelled at for not listening or hitting their siblings. Since I did neither of these things, ever, I'll tell you about what I did get in trouble for.

I was in big trouble when I didn't open the freezer door carefully.

My brother had an entomology project for 4-H. That means he collected bugs. So to keep them in good shape we'd catch them and put them in film canisters.

I don't know who donated so many film canisters to us (actually, they were probably mine) but you put the bug in the film canisters and then freeze them so they are in good shape when you poke them with a bitty needle and put the bitty papers on to classify the bugs. He got first place a lot.

Anyway, I'd go to get a myself an orange dream cone and a film canister would drop on the floor and a wing would inevitably break off of some bug and then he'd have to go catch another bug. When I was mad at Kyle I would do it on purpose.. it's just so easy to claim as an accident!








And you might think that bugs in the freezer is gross but one time I went to get a crunch bar from the basement freezer and there was a  fox right next to the Schwan's box.


3 comments:

Lukas Elliot said...

wait... are you saying there was a fox in your basement?

kmr said...

I'm saying that there was a dead, frozen, road killed fox in my basement freezer right next to my crunch bars.

The Mom of 'em said...

totally gross....and totally HILARIOUS! (I used to bend the corners of my brother's baseball cards). They really should have been nicer to us and then we we wouldn't have had to resort to wing-breaking and card-folding.