Wednesday, April 30, 2008

the jukebox

I feel bad titling this blog "the jukebox" because a jukebox has only a limited selection of songs. You have to flip through each page to see if it is able to play your song. It can't create a song on the spot, in its sleep, or at all.

My friend
Wes can play you any song you want. As if that isn't enough he has also created his own songs that are really really good. As you may have guessed, he recently wrote one in his sleep (which Paul McCartney did for Hey Jude, apparently).

All this to say that Wes is freaking talented. Each time I hear him play I am really impressed (and jealous- which isn't virtuous yet still happens).

His
show on Friday was really fun to watch, not to mention amazing. I'd say that watching him play with his friend Brandon was my favorite, but I really love hearing my friend Sarah sing too. Plus the songs Wes played by himself he wrote by himself and they are genius. He plays with an ease and passion that can't help but leave you smiling.

Here are some pics below. I didn't take many, cause I knew Bowman was. I did tell him to go outside and take pictures from the outside in.. so I was secretly taking 1/4 credit for those pictures and now I am publicly taking 1/4 credit for those pictures.

Wes- I want my CD now.



No comments: