I am extremely happy for and proud of my brother. He went to Canada and he shot a bear. I got scared of being attacked by a bear just by listening to his hunting story. I can't imagine watching bears so close to me, carrying his (150 lb) dead bear or a hunting partner's (490 lb) dead bear out of the woods after shooting it, waiting for dark, and tracking it.
He also got to go fishing. Which means that he got to a. be on the lake b. enjoy the surrounding nature c. fish and d. eat the fish.
After talking with him I actually looked for gun safety courses in my area. I mean, I did promise my dad after all.
Lydia is the only one thus far who has really appreciated the fact that my brother shot a bear. Everyone else thinks it is cruel. Oh city folk. Maybe after they taste some bear sticks they will change their mind. I know I am excited to try! He has 40 lbs of meat from a 150 lb bear. He better save me some..
The picture is obviously not from his trip.
1 comment:
i want to eat a bear stick too. or a bear burger if there is such a thing. or bear bacon. or all of the above
Post a Comment