Wednesday, July 9, 2008

change

I don't have a very good memory.


Yet for some reason, when I have a quarter, a dime, and a nickel in my hand... I want to buy ice cream. I had this flashback again yesterday when I was handed some change at Jewel.


I remember in high school that those three coins meant that you had enough for an ice cream in the ala carte line. I usually bought a strawberry shortcake bar.






4 comments:

The Mom of 'em said...

so does Bailey. I worry about the a la carte line. I mean - is she eating a peanut butter sandwich and a yogurt and an ice cream bar every day? and if so - I don't think that counts as balanced, do you?

Wes said...

when i had spare change in high school, i bought weed. just kidding, i wouldn't have known where to buy it from.

kmr said...

I guess that is because we went to different high schools.

Just kidding.

I mean, we did go to different high schools, but you wouldn't have been able to buy it from me.

Anonymous said...

I was a big fan of the Snoopy bar.

What was even better is when I would just eat a salad (or Grandma's brand peanut butter cookies...depending on my mood) for 50 cents and then get a snoopy's ice cream bar for 50 cents which would leave me with $1 to get a pop and snickers bar at CareerTec =)

Does 50 cents even buy ANYTHING in an a la carte or vending machine anymore??