Saturday, June 12, 2010

the acceptance, and completion.

Two years ago, minutes before I boarded a bus for Royal Family Kids Camp, I handed an envelope to my friend's mom and asked her to put a stamp on it for me and send it. I had been carrying the envelope around with me because it was a very big decision and then got busy and didn't send it- but it had to be sent. Good thing for moms.

In the envelope was my acceptance to attend University of Chicago's Social Service Administration.

Today, 2010, I officially became a graduate at University of Chicago's 503rd Convocation Ceremony. Tomorrow, I leave for Royal Family Kids Camp. I think it's a good way to celebrate.

(Flowers from my parents, cards, SSA's champagne and appetizers, and my cousin's wedding reception wasn't bad, either.

5 comments:

Psalm 147 said...

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!

congrats, krista!

Shane and Jody said...

Congrats!! Soo exciting! :)

Lisa said...

hooooooooray! many, many congratulations, friend! i hope some pics will follow. i'm looking forward to learning about what is next for you. yay yay yay!!!

Elizabeth said...

Hurray! Congrats- what a great feeling, huh? :)

Tovah said...

YAYAYAAAAAAAAA!!!

I am so proud that you took the leap...

What's next for you? Are you looking for work?