Monday, September 8, 2008

figuring out allergies


How I found out Danielle was allergic to peanuts:

I made a chicken salad with mandarin oranges. The recipe also calls for almonds, but I like peanuts more so I threw some honey roasted in there instead. After taking a small bite, Danielle quietly asked me if the recipe contained peanuts.  She already knew the answer since her throat was staring to close up.  No epipen though, fortunately.

How I found out Danielle was allergic to down comforters:

Danielle and I had a sleep over in my bed.  She was there almost the whole night so I was confused when I woke up, went downstairs, and found her in her own bed.  I said, "Did something go wrong?" She told me that when she woke up her head was pounding, her eyes were puffy, and she couldn't breathe.  So it turns out that she is allergic to my down comforter from Ikea.  That was on her birthday.  I was really glad that she was alive and that I didn't make her birthday her death day.  


Sorry Danielle. 


No comments: