They were very interested that I was renting the house behind them. They also think it is cool that I am a "BARISTA" (I mean, who doesn't).. but they might even be more excited about it than I am. Or maybe they are excited they know what Barista means. Anyway, I told them I would return with a roomie, but they are all busy today.
So I went back and I bought a small dresser, a glass dish (for cheesy potato casserole and rice casserole), and also a skillet with a top.
I found out that the skillet with a top was in Doris's hope chest 50 years ago. She thinks it makes it an antique, I think it the story behind it makes me smile.
Then I remembered that my mom put my church's cookbook in her hope chest.. for me. I remember when I first moved to the Chicago area I told her that I needed to eat and make things now... even though I wasn't married. It's true and I've used that thing a lot.
1 comment:
I never had a hope chest - no one collected things to put in a hope chest for me. So no hope chest...no hope? Actually - I think it ended up being no hope chest...no chest. Whatever. I think it is very sweet that your Mom is doing that..now I MUST know what else is in that thing! =-)
Post a Comment