Monday, February 4, 2008

my place

I am reading a book written by the President of International Justice Mission, Gary Haugen. I'd tell you about IJM, but they are too interesting/amazing. You can check out who they are. My friend Andrew who blogged about it in November, let me borrow the book. If you want to know about the book, read Andrew's blog. I'm not finished yet but the book is making me question things. Which is good, but also really frustrating.

I'm having trouble determining what it means for me to live my life for God. Does it mean leaving everything? Staying? Going back to school? Doing what I am now?

I want the answers, but I think God wants my trust. Yet I am always afraid (stupid worry) that my ears aren't open or that I am missing His answer.

Today I was thinking that no matter what we do, we are to glorify God through it or to do it as to God. I was doing laundry at the time, which lead me to think about washing Jesus' PJ's. I know that isn't what the verse means but, my imagination is pretty active. We've been through this.

I don't want to doubt, delay, or adapt His answer. I also don't want to make it up.



I added these because they fit, I think. They're good. He's good.

Phillipians 2:14-18
14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. 17But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
13Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14Do everything in love.

No comments: