Sunday, October 10, 2010

chocolate graham monsters

What was I doing??
More part-time work stories...

girl: Do you have the chocolate covered grahams?
me: You know.. I haven't seen them in awhile. I don't think we know what happened to them.
girl: Oh.
me: I mean, we don't know what happened as in we don't know if we just haven't received them in awhile or if they're going to stop selling them all together. I mean, it's not like we don't know what happened to them and think a monster came and ate them all or something.
girl: Oh.
me: I'm sorry. I guess the short answer was, no, we do not have them.
girl: Ok.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can tell you that I would much rather hear the long answer. So if I were there, I totally would have appreciated it. You should have asked the girl why she wasn't a fun and laughter kind of person.

Jake Rohde said...

Oh, Krista. I wish you would regale us with your work stories (or ANY kind of story) 10 or 12 times a day. I laughed so hard at this. (Still am, as a matter of fact.)

lydia said...

this is funny. it reminds me of yesterday, my first day, i was telling the manager i was nervous about dress code and it took me an hour to get dressed. she told another girl, "it took her an hour to get dressed today (pointing to me)." i then had to explain that it took me an hour to pick my clothes out, not an hour to put them on, i can put them on in less than a minute. they both just stared at me.