Sunday, April 4, 2010

stories from another bux

I didn't change Buxes.

But I've now worked at three different Buxes (four counting mine). It was my second time working at the one I worked at today. It reminded me of better days when our manager was fun and knew what he was doing.

Stories

1st- I saw one of my regulars. Which is pretty amazing considering our Bux is open now and this one happens to be about 30 minutes from it. She gasped and whispered something about "working here now." I assured her that I was just helping out and she seemed relieved which made me feel good. She is so flighty and one of my very favorites. (I have quite a few, and that is okay).

2nd- I saw someone that I met over a year ago. It took me awhile to figure out how I knew him (because I only met him that one time, in a huge group of people). The world is kind of small but also huge, of course.

3rd- Two easter dressed children came in
and I asked them if they had animals in their house this morning (the easter bunny, of course.) This is the conversation that followed.
Children: Animals ate our candy.
Me looking to mom for interpretation
Mom: The easter bunny forgot to shut the gate so when they went to search for their eggs and candy it was half eaten and all over the place.
Me (laughing): I'm sorry I find it so funny. I know it probably isn't to you but what a hilarious story.
Mom: No, I know it is funny but we have to get some more candy, now.


Sidenote: The "3rd" story reminded me of how mean (funny) my parents are. Also found in some of these Christmas stories. I used to find eggs by my pillow and be SO MAD I didn't wake up to see the easter bunny.



Here's a question for "all" my readers: How did you picture the Easter Bunny? As an actual bunny? Or a human in a bunny costume? I'm pretty sure I pictured the easter bunny a "costumed bunny" which now seems really weird to me that I wasn't extremely CREEPED out and that I was okay with this costumed bunny roaming around my house, placing boiled eggs around.




ALSO: Easter is not a good day to be late to church. I'll try to remember this around Christmas time, too.

1 comment:

Jake Rohde said...

I think I pictured the Cadbury bunny as the "easter bunny." A bunny that sounds like a chicken. Creepier than a person in a bunny costume. Hands down.