Monday, January 5, 2009

new years for the cta

Chicago's Transit Authority made a New Year's Resolution, apparently.  They are now going to be really really mean.

So far it is working about 1 for 3.

My Chicago Card, that has a balance on it and is attached to my debit card so it will ALWAYS have a balance on it, isn't working.

I didn't realize that until I tried to use it today.

The green line man told me I had to buy a different (more temporary) card. But I was stubborn and said I shouldn't have to because that is the reason I bought the CHICAGO Card.  So the guy let me through.

Unfortunately I didn't think about the bus to school, the bus home, and the green line back.

The bus guy to school asked me some questions and gave me a hard time.  He told me he'd believe me today but he wouldn't tomorrow. 

The bus girl from school was a different story. She kept repeating to me that I had to pay the fare. And I kept repeating to her that I couldn't because my card wasn't working.

I walked to the green line.  I had money in my pocket, but I am stubborn and it wasn't that far/cold out.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

yay, stubborn! is it fixed yet, krista?

Anonymous said...

Stupid CTA. I miss you too by the way!

Anonymous said...

love reading your blog! just added you to my "blogroll" or whatever thats called. beki